1. Surahs 61 and 67. Other passages at the discretion of the
1. All the beliefs of Islam as contained in the Qur'an and
1. How to perform the Nikah ceremony.
2. How to perform the prayer of the eclipse.
3. Before death, a person should repeat the Kalima often. He
or she should have a will prepared well in advance of any old age or sickness. Any
debts should be paid as soon as possible. It is best for a Muslim to avoid debt as
much as possible.
4. When a dead body is lowered into the grave we say,
"Bismillahi wa 'ala millati rasulillah." "In the name of Allah and by
the ritual of Allah's Messenger."
Du'a, Phrases & Ahadith
By this grade level, at least forty hadith in Arabic
and English should be known by the students. If, upon entering 12th grade, the
student knows fewer than 40, then the remainder will have to be learned in this
year. The Blessed Prophet once said, "Whoever learns forty of my sayings will
be raised up in the company of scholars on Judgment Day." That is why the goal
of this KG-12th grade curriculum is to know at least a minimum of 40, though more are
1. "Allahumma inni owthzubika min 'ilmil la yanfa'u wa qalbil
la yakhsha'u wa dua-il la yasma 'u wa nafsil la tashba'u." "O Allah, I
seek your protection from knowledge that brings no good, from a heart that has no fear (of
You), from a prayer that can't be answered and from a self that can't be satisfied."
Akhlaq & Adab
1. All the manners and meritorious behavior that Islam teaches
should be known and practiced by the students.
Classical Poetry to Memorize
1. Sa'di Shirazi: Who is the Real Seeker?
I will not say, O Brother, what the spiritual concert is,
Until I know who is listening to it.
If he begins his flight from the tower of the spirit.
The Angels will not keep up with his soaring.
But if he be a man of error, vanity and play,
The Shaytan will grow more powerful in his brain.
The Rose is torn apart by the morning breeze,
But not the log; for it can only be split by an ax.
The world feeds on music, drunkenness and
But what does the blind man see in a mirror?
1. The students should have a complete grasp on the life story of
the Blessed Messenger of Allah.
1. The students should be well versed in all aspects of Islamic
history and culture from the time of the Khilafa ar Rashida until present times.