1. Surahs Al Humazah, At Takathur, Al
Zalzalah, Al Adiyat, Al Qadr, Al Qari'ah, Ayah 4:136. (English/Arabic)
1. The beliefs of Islam, as contained in the textbook, "Islam for
Children" are sufficient.
1. The practices of Islam, as contained in the textbook, "Islam for
Children" are sufficient for this grade.
2. Students will know the words to the Adhan in Arabic and English.
3. The following types of Sunnah prayers will be learned:
Du'a, Phrases & Hadith
1. "Yadullahi ma'al Jamaa'ti." "The hand of Allah is
with the group." (Tirmidhi)
2. "Tubu ilaallahi was
staghfiruhu." "Turn to
Allah and ask for His forgiveness." (Muslim)
3. "Al 'Ilmu Khalilul
Mu'minenn." "Knowledge is
a friend to believers." *Baihaqi)
4. "Al Kadhibu mujaanibul
Eman." "A lie weakens
a person's Iman." (Ad Daylami)
5. "Edha ghawdiba ahadukum fal
you're mad, keep quiet." (Muslim)
6. "Subhanullah wa
bihamdihi." "Glory to Allah
and all praise is His." (If said 100 times it gets all the minor sins forgiven-
7. "Allahumma innaka afuwwun tuhibbul afwa fafu
"O Allah, You are the forgiving and You love to forgive, so forgive me."
8. "Man Qawla la ilaha illallah dahkala al
"Whoever says there is no god but Allah will enter Paradise."
Akhlaq & Adab
1. The flow of the morals and manners as contained in the textbook,
"Islam for Children" is sufficient for this grade.
2. We enter the Masjid with our right foot and leave it with the
3. When we finish making our Wudu we say the
Shahadah. Then we
say, "Allahumma ja'alni min at tawwabin wa j'alni min al mutatahireen." O
Allah make me among the repentant and the pure."
4. When we want to thank another Muslim for something in a special
way, we say, "Jazakullahu khayran." "Allah reward you with the
1. The flow of the Sirah as contained in the textbook, "Islam for
Children" is sufficient for this grade.
1. The story of the Gardeners from Surah 18 to illustrate the importance
1. The various highlights and miscellaneous teachings contained in the
textbook, "Islam for Children," are sufficient. Teachers may add activities and
stories at their discretion.