1. Surahs An Nazi'at, Surah 56, Specific Ayat: 63:9-11, 60:1-9,
36:51-67, 57:20-24, 27:1-6. (English/Arabic)
1. A Muslim strives to attain wisdom (Hikmah). Approaches to
direct students to thoughtful reflection will be explored.
1. The boys should be taught the entire procedure for how to give
Du'as, Phrases & Ahadith
1. "Edha maata ibnu 'Adama 'inqata'a 'amaluhu illa min
thalatha: Sadaqatin Jaariyatin, wa 'ilmi yuntafa'u bihi wa waladin sawlihin yad'u
lahu." "When a descendant of Adam dies, all his deeds come to an end
except for three: an act of charity that keeps on going, knowledge which keeps on giving
benefit, and the prayers of a righteous child which are said for (the his parent)."
2. "Allahumma ja'alni sagheran fe 'ayni wa kabiran fee
'aynun nasi." "O Allah, make me small in my own eyes and great in the eyes of
3. "Rabbana la tuzigh quloobuna ba'id idh hadaytana wa hablana
min ladunka rahmatin, inaka antal wahhab." "O Allah, don't let our hearts
swerve after You've guided us, grant us mercy for you the one who gives."
Classical Poetry to Memorize
1. Abdel Rahman Jaami. From: Silsilat al Dhahab.
What is poetry? The song of the bird of the intellect.
What is poetry? The likeness of the world of eternity.
The value of the bird becomes clear through it,
And one discovers whether it comes from the oven of a bath house or a rose garden.
It composes poetry from the Divine rose garden.
It draws its power and sustenance from that sacred place.
Akhlaq & Adab
1. Finer points of Islamic Akhlaq and Adab can be explored, such as
how to honor parents, how to prepare dhabiha meat, how to treat those who bother us,
1. A complete overview, as provided by the main textbook, will be
1. The stories of the following Prophets/People should be taught in
an interesting way. The students can take turns reading from selections which the teacher
will hand out or provide.
A. Students should be encouraged to read the entire Hadith
collection of Bukhari or some other large collection so they can
gain a greater appreciation of who the blessed Prophet was.