1. Surahs: Al Ghashiyah, Al Fajr, Al
Balad. Specific Ayat: 41:1-8,
64:1-4, 48:1-7, 35:1-7, 55:1-18. (English/Arabic)
1. All the main beliefs are taught in the textbook. Consult the
2. Begin to discuss the importance of
1. All the elements of 'Ibadah for this grade level are taught in
the textbook. Consult the book.
2. The Du'a Qunut should be memorized.
Du'a, Phrases & Ahadith
1. "Iyyakum wal Hasad." "Save yourselves from
being jealous." (Abu Dawud)
2. "Iyyakum wal Ghibatu." "Save yourselves from
back-biting." (Abu Shaykh)
3. "Iyyakum wal Khiyaanah." "Save yourself from
4. "Karamukum taqwakum." "Your real nobility is
in your taqwa." (Ad Daylami)
5. "Al jannatu tahta aqdamil
"Paradise is under the feet of mothers." (Muslim)
Akhlaq & Adab
1. All the ahklaq and adab rules for this grade are taught in the
textbook. Consult the book.
2. Before we begin eating we say, "Allahuma bariklana feemaa
razaqtanaa wa qeenaa athzabin naar. Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" "O
Allah bless us in what You gave us and save us from the punishment of the fire. In
the name of Allah, the Compassionate Source of All Mercy." (Tirmidhi)
1. The entire flow of the life of the Prophet Muhammad as contained
in the textbook. Consult the book.
1. The following Sahaba are presented in detail and highlighted in
'Ali ibn Abi Talib, Uthman ibn Affan, Khadijah bint
Khuwaylid, Abu Bakr as Sadeeq, Asma bint Abi Bakr, Bilal ibn Rabah, Abu
Hurairah, Ayeshah, Fatimah bint Muhammad
and 'Umar ibn al Khattab.
1. The primary textbook for this grade contains all the necessary
material for the history of the following Prophets and other people. The specific
historical figures that are covered within this textbook are as follows:
A. Prophets: Adam, Nuh, Hud, Ibrahim,
Ya'qub, Yusuf, Musa, Dawud, Suleiman, Zakariyya, Yahya, 'Esa, Muhammad.
B. The Hadith story about the three men who were locked in a cave by a
boulder and prayed, in the name of some good deed, to be freed. (From: Riyadh us
1. Students should be able to write a coherent essay explaining the
teachings of Islam in such a way that any non-Muslim could understand it and any Muslim
could be satisfied with the accuracy of content.