1. Surahs Al A'la, At Tariq, Al Buruj, Al
Sections- 16:111, 22:65-76, 10:1-20, 36:1-12, 55:19-34. (English/Arabic)
1. Although not a main focus of this grade, a review of past grades
learning can be initiated.
1. Review the five pillars and
their importance and practice by way of review.
2. Explore the importance of Jihad.
Du'a, Phrases & Hadith
1. "Al waqtul awwalus salaati radwaanul
lahi. Wal waqtul
akhiru 'afwullah." "To offer Salah in the first hour is to please Allah.
To offer Salah in late hours is to ask for Allah's pardon." (Tirmidhi)
2. "La Yuraddu ad du'aa-u bayna al adhan wal
"No du'a made between the Adhan and Iqamah is rejected."
3. "Edha dakhala raamadaanu futihat abwabul jannati wa ghuliqat
abwabu jahannama wa sulsilatish shayateen." "When Ramadan begins, the
doors of Paradise are opened, the doors of Hell are closed and the Shaytans are
4. "Innallaha harrama alaykum
'uquq ul ummuhaat."
"Indeed Allah has forbidden you to disobey mothers." (Bukhari)
Akhlaq & Adab
1. Explore male/female etiquette.
1. Give a brief over-view of the Blessed Prophet's life before
exploring Muslim history.
1. The main subject matter of this grade level is on Muslim history
from 632 to the present. The following main areas of subject matter should be explored.
The textbook chosen for this grade, "An Illustrated History of Islam" is not the
best one, obviously, but for now, it is the only book which covers the subject in full
breadth. When our own textbook is completed, you may substitute it then.
A. The rule of the first four Khalifas in detail.
B. The rule of the Ummayids and
C. Islamic art, science, architecture and learning.
D. The coming of the Mongols and the destruction of the
E. The fractured Muslim world and the coming of the Crusaders.
F. The Safavids and the spread of Islam into south east Asia.
G. Muslim Spain.
H. The rise of the Turks and the fall of Muslim Spain.
I. The Ottoman empire.
J. The destruction of Muslim independence in the rise of colonialism.
K. The causes of the Muslim decline.
L. Muslim nationalist and independence movements.
M. The rise of modern Muslim nations.
N. The current state of Islam in the Muslim world.
O. Islam in the West.