1. Surah An Naba'. Specific Ayat: 18:45-49, 3:110, 2:284-286, 3:135,
2:204-210, 10:104-109, 36:68-83. (English/ Arabic)
1. Islam is the final way of Life Allah revealed for humanity.
All previous Prophets taught Islam, or surrender to Allah's will. The name
Islam, however, was given as the title of Allah's last deen to the earth.
1. Janazah Salah in greater detail along with the prayer of praise,
Du'a, Phrases & Ahadith
1. "Maan satara musliman satarahul lahu youmal
"Whoever covers up (the fault) of a Muslim, Allah will cover one of his faults
on the Day of Resurrection." (Bukhari)
2. "La Yaq'udu qowmun yadhkuroonallaha illa haffathumul
mala'ikatu wagh sheethumul rahmatu wa nazalat 'alayhumul sakinatu wa dhakarahumul llahu
feeman 'indahu." "There is no sitting of people remembering Allah except
that the angels will surround them, mercy covers them, peace descends upon them and Allah
mentions them to those near Him." (Muslim)
3. Before starting a journey in a vehicle or on a horse, etc...
"Subahanal lathze sakharalana hatha, wa maa kunna lahu muqrineena wa
inna ilaa rabbina lamunqalibun." "Glory to the One who put this in our
power, though we couldn't have done it (without His help) We will certainly return
to our Lord."
Classical Poetry to Memorize
1. Muhammad 'Attar Nayshaburi. From: The Flight of Birds to Union
(Mantiq al Tayr) composed in the 1100's
They observed a Presence without qualification and description.
Beyond Perception, reason and Understanding.
If the spark of His Self-Sufficiency were to be cast,
A hundred worlds would burn in one moment.
A hundred thousand esteemed suns,
A hundred thousand moons and stars, even more.
They observed them all in wonder,
Coming like atoms in a dance.
Akhlaq & Adab
1. How to behave in the presence of non-Muslims. How to greet
them and kindness directed towards them.
2. The rights of non-Muslims in Islam.
1. Detail aspects of the Sirah showing the interaction between
Rasulullah and Jews and Christians.
1. The stories of the following Prophets/People should be taught in
an interesting way. The students can take turns reading from selections which the teacher
will hand out or provide.
A. Prophets 'Esa and Musa's life will be studied in great detail
along with interfaith issues.